Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Nourishment

So after posting my Wishcasting response earlier today, it wouldn't get out of my head.  Soon after writing it, I found myself with a list building up inside me, so I wrote it down.  I was going to wait to post it here, do more writing and thinking, make it "better" or "more complete" or something like that.  But I'm not waiting!  I'm getting it down and putting it out there as is, and if I need to add to it or change things later, I'll do that when it comes up.

So, as I thought about nourishing my real self both body and heart and soul, I asked myself, "what do I need?" Here it is:

  • I need walks in the country or in nature
  • I need to visit the beach
  • I need drives in the country
  • I need new and interesting things regularly
  • I need good, real food
  • I need love and hugs
  • I need a clean, pleasant-to-be-in house
  • I need prayer and ritual and spirit
  • I need to find a way to get rid of this pain in my foot
I notice that I'm having a weepy response to certain things lately.  I just read the line "music that nourishes your soul" and found myself a little teary.  I need to pay attention to what is bringing on this reaction.  These are the things I need to address.

    3 comments:

    Kathryn Costa said...

    Wow, your list looks like something I would write. I hope you find time to enjoy all of these things and more!

    Silky Hart said...

    As Kim wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. Such clarity on what would nourish you!

    Unknown said...

    Your list is very refreshing! I may borrow some of your ideas to nourish my soul! As Kim wishes for herself, I wish for her also.

    Related Posts with Thumbnails