Friday, May 28, 2010

I'm Learning to Fly!

I just signed up for Kelly Rae Roberts' e-course, Flying Lessons!  I am really excited about this.  I wanted to take it, wasn't sure I should let myself spend the money...you know the drill.  But I really like her art and her writing, and she's probably not going to be able to teach this again for quite a while (having a baby + just moved, so for really good, happy reasons).  So I decided to go for it.  And judging by how excited I am, it was a good move to make.  I can't wait until Sunday when class starts!

I also signed up--finally!--for Jessica Wesolek's The Art of Digital Photography workshop.  I've been trying to take this for a few years now, and each time I thought I'd be able to, something came up and made me think I shouldn't spend the money.  Well, this time I've spent the money so I can't miss out again, so there!  This class starts July 30, but I wanted to be sure to get in.

And tomorrow, to round out the preparation for summer adventures, I'm buying new hiking boots.  I have been lamenting the fact that my physical self is not up to the adventures I want to have.  I live in Portland, Oregon, one of the most beautiful, adventure friendly places in the world, and yet I can't get out and move around and participate.  My wonderful boyfriend offered to help me get started so I can go on some of the adventures I crave (see this post for a bit more on that). We started with a test walk to see how much I can do.  We bought books on hikes in our area so we can plan increasingly lengthy hikes, and we've put up an adventure wall (you can see a section of it below) to plan adventures and commemorate adventures as they take place.  I am going to be adventure girl after all!


That's probably quite enough for now.  Stay tuned for further excitement and adventures, though, because it's all coming my way!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails