Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Gearing up

After a bit of a breather in January, life is gearing up for lots of busy excitement again.  Yay!  I was getting restless but having a hard time letting myself start anything new since I knew other things were coming up.

First and amongst the most important, my next creativity coaching class is starting next week!  I am looking forward to this one because we're working in two modules this time around.  The first will focus on working with writers and the second will focus on working with visual artists.  I think the targeted lessons will be really helpful in my coaching business.

And that's the tie for most important thing going on--my business.  I am working on the website and should have it up and running by the end of this month!  I am pushing a little harder right now because today I learned of an artists' meet and greet happening here in Portland on the 26th, and I'd like to have the website working and business cards to hand out by then.  I'm planning to get MOO cards, actually, in the mini size to use instead of traditional business cards.

And that brings me to the next part of "wow, I'm busy all of a sudden."  I want to use my own images on the cards. I'm not going to have 100 different images, but I'd like to have 4-5 to use.  So, I have some ideas, but suddenly I must start doing some painting and taking some photos so I can get the images ready and order my cards.

Of course, in the middle of all of this, I'm writing.  I'm back to work on the novel I started in November for NaNoWriMo.  It's a ghost story, and I'm really enjoying it.  I worry a little that I won't do it justice since I'm rusty in my writing because I tend to let myself stay away too long.  But, that's what rewrites are for, right?

That's what's on my plate right now.  I'm also going to be adding an online embroidery class at the end of this month and an online photography class next month, so I'd better get back to that website stuff and the MOO cards so I can have those finished before the next batch of stuff comes up.  Look for a website announcement here soon!

3 comments:

Phiala said...

The online photography class looks interesting. I'd just been complaining about the lack of photography classes around here. Do you know anything about the class beyond what's on the web page?

Kim Switzer said...

Phiala,

I regularly follow Jessica's blogs including her photography blog: http://web.me.com/jwesolek/TimelessTraveler/Blog/Blog.html

I really enjoy her writing style and her mixed media tutorials. I also know the class has lots of positive reviews, so I expect it to be pretty good.

Laura said...

Exciting developments!

The closest I've been coming is to consider sitting down and writing down a plan of how to deal with work, moving, and art. Then I do something else instead.

Post some pictures of your graphics when you get a chance, please! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails