Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Someone Stole My Stories

Actually, I think they've just rusted inside my brain. I'm supposed to be working on a collaboration project--actually, a really fun one where we're doing an epistolary (told in letters and notes) story. But I tried to start my first letter, and everything came out stilted and awful. And then I realized that it's because my character has no personality.

Happily, this is something I can fix fairly easily. It's just going to put me a bit behind my schedule for finishing my first installment of the story. That's okay, though. I've e-mailed my partner, so she knows I'm behind. And now I'm playing with some character notes to get into the mind of my faerie. I think the writing will go much better once she becomes real inside my head. Hurray for imaginary friends!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails