Monday, February 04, 2008

BIW week for February

Writing? Who’s writing? Oh yeah, me. I am not actually writing. Unless you count this as writing. I am supposed to be writing. I mean to be writing. I am not writing. Not right now. I will be soon.

My goal for this month is 15 pages. I cut last month’s goal in half. I figure 15 pages is easy in a week, right? Not if I’m not writing, though. I am having such a hard time settling in, and I don’t know why. Maybe because I am somewhat nearing the end, and I’m just not sure exactly how to bring it together. And then I’m not sure about how to go about fixing the story and making it actually good. Sigh…

Meanwhile, I have started working with Julia Cameron’s new book, The Writing Diet. It’s a pretty good idea, really. I am writing for that—I have been writing notes about my food and my desire to eat all afternoon. Maybe that’s why I’m not working on story? No. It’s not. I’m not working on story because my mind is unsettled. I need to work on that. I think I will make a plan right here and now. I am going to read my writing book until it is time to go home. At home, I will make dinner. I will eat dinner. At 8 p.m., I will sit down and write. Just for half an hour. That’s not so bad at all, and I can do that. I’ve done it dozens, maybe hundreds of times. And I’m going to do it today, too.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails