Friday, December 14, 2007

Lost week

This week is officially declared lost. The past two nights, we had to do some major cleaning because our landlord needed to bring in an insurance inspector because he's switching companies. Between that and preparations for our friends' wedding this weekend--the week is over, I have no writing done on any of my fiction. Right now, I'm too exhausted to care. It's Friday night, not even ten o'clock, and I am thinking of going to bed so I don't fall asleep here on the sofa.

In better news, I just joined a really cool writing group called Book In A Week. It's not as insane as it sounds--you don't have to actually write a whole book in one week, although you can give it a go if you like. Essentially, the challenge takes place one week a month starting on the first Monday of that month. You set a page goal for yourself the week before the challenge starts. During the challenge week, you post to the group about your progress ever day. The rest of the month seems to be for doing whatever--editing, writing, planning, etc. Then it starts all over the next month. You can write on works in progress, too, so it should be a good way to keep going on a story. I think this monthly, intense challenge with a bit of downtime after is going to be really good for me since I work so well under external deadlines.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On Friday night at almost 10 I realized I had been asleep sitting up on the sofa. Princess was happy, though.

Laura said...

I will figure out posting eventually...

Wish I were home napping with Princess. Back to next phase of work.

Related Posts with Thumbnails