Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Getting closer

I seem to have hit my groove this week. It feels great. I love that feeling of getting lost in my words, just sinking into the writing. I don't notice that time is passing. I can see the story happening as I write it. It's like the best sort of meditation.

Yesterday, I wrote a bit over 3100 words (my daily goal to catch up by the end of the month is 2200). Today I wrote Just over 2200, so I was pretty much on target with my quota. And my main character figured out how to get the talisman I was trying to get into her hands. I was coming up with all of these sort of complicated ways that she was going to get it a few scenes from where we are now, and today she just saw it lying on a table and picked it up! Why didn't I think of that? :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails