Monday, March 26, 2012

Peeking Out From Behind the Clouds

The sun is shining amongst puffy white clouds, peeking out at me and then going back into hiding.  I feel mostly the same--peeking out but not quite ready for full re-immersion into the world.


I'm feeling like doing a little bit of word play.  Not writing, not really.  Just playing with some words without a commitment beyond what I write down in any given moment.  So this week I'm going to do some American Sentences

It seems appropriate.  My friend would have liked these.  His would probably have included things about earthworms or aardvarks or possibly flying armadillos (he had a love of the absurd).  Mine will probably be more prosaic than that, but a week of these seems like a fitting tribute.

Today's American Sentence:

Sun on water and a chill in the air illustrate early spring days.

2 comments:

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

That sounds like a nice, low-stress way to get back into the flow :) Welcome back!

Kim Switzer said...

Thanks! They are a really fun little form. It's like a loosely formed haiku. I really like doing these.

Related Posts with Thumbnails