Monday, February 06, 2012

Writing Journal January 30-February 5



Monday, January 30, 2012

Today was all about writing my newsletter article. Once again, I find myself asking why I always put this off until the last minute.  I actually enjoy working on my newsletter, so why do I procrastinate?  For that matter, why do I procrastinate on so many things that I actually want and like to do?  Anyhow, I got most of the newsletter done including most of the article.  I can finish that up and send the letter out tomorrow.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Today, tons of journaling and a few too many rewrites on my main newsletter article.  I knew what I wanted to say and the tone I wanted, but I kept feeling like I wasn't quite getting it.  I finally had to call it done and send it out, and it's okay, but some days you just can't quite get the words to do what you want.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012- Sunday, February 4, 2012

Writing?  What's that?  I discovered a series of books. Or TV shows in story format.  Shadow Unit.  Go check it out.  Prepare to get lost in it.  For days.

I did get a few things besides reading done.  I got all the stuff set up for my upcoming certification class--I had so much fun setting up my notebook I actually stopped reading for a couple of hours.  Mostly. 

I also got attacked by a really persistent new story idea.  I think this one is going to require an actual file of its own rather than just a page in my "story ideas" file.  And it's probably going to insist on me adding notes and things to it regularly until I have enough of a story idea to start writing.  It's just that kind of idea.

Now I'm going back to my book...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails