Monday, February 13, 2012

Writing Journal February 6-12, 2012


Monday, February 6, 2012
Today's writing was letters for the Time Travelers' Ball and Exposition.  It's odd how hard it can be to get just the right tone while still getting across all the information you need to pass along and while keeping things nice and short.  The letters (well, the other two turned into a postcard and a flyer) took much longer than I thought they would.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A read through of the letters and marketing materials for the Ball with the changed M. suggested.  Then some notes for the new story idea.  And a very brief, one paragraph bit of journaling.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012


Today I realized that I really need to read over what I've written so far on my novel.  I've let myself get too far away from the story.  I'm not living in the story world any more, so I don't know what my people are doing or what might happen to them next.  So for the next week-ish, I'm going to be reading my story and making outline notes to get me back into it.

I also finally fit in a nice chunk of journaling time today.  I came to a realization about that.  Journaling *is* my meditation practice.  But it's not that eventually I will get to a point where I'm a journaler and when I'm good at it or do it enough or (insert random "someday when" clause here), then I'll be a spiritual journaler or master journaler or some such thing.  I journal and I use it as a meditation.  Now.  Just the way I do it.  I may not do it as often as I mean to or as often as I should to really get the benefits.  But, just like with people who do other forms of meditation, I do what I can with where I am now, and I move forward as I can.  I don't have to be perfect right now and do it every day or even for a certain amount of time each day to get something out of it.  It's my meditation right now, not someday when I get to some unknown target spot.

Thursday, February 9, 2012


I printed out Chapter 1 of Ordinary Girl, and I meant to start the read-through today, but I just sat it on the edge of my desk and didn't touch it.  It was an off day.  My mother was rushed to the hospital (doing okay now but will be in ICU for a few days while they give her units of blood and try to find where she's bleeding from this time around--so frustrating, because the bleeding is from a medicine reaction which continues causing problems even though she's been off the medicine for six months or more, but I'm wandering now).  I was working on my own in the office, so my workday schedule was off kilter.  Then I got a cold sore and sore throat that came on very fast partway through the day.  I feel as if these things shouldn't throw me off as much as they do, but maybe I just need to acknowledge that things like this DO throw me off, and then I can figure out a plan for what to do when (not if) I am thrown for a loop.  I did a lot of journaling after work (after having to drive all the way back because I got home only to find that I couldn't get into my house because my house keys were still at work), so writing did happen at least.  A few notes, mostly questions to answer, went into the STAR (new story) file, too.  So it was a weird day, but I wasn't stagnant.  I think that might be a victory of sorts.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Today was about e-mails.  A little bit of journaling, but not much at all.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Journaling today, and I wonder why I don't manage to make time for it more often when I really like the feeling I get of my thoughts getting sorted and cleared?  Also some reading and note taking/thinking on paper for my upcoming coaching class.  I'm getting very excited for that--can't wait until Wednesday!

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Blog post today.  That was all I managed to make room for in my writing life.  Better than nothing, I suppose.

1 comment:

alberta ross said...

Seems like you had an up and down kind of week - they happen and the stress of her mothers ill health is prob. taking it's toll - bad throats affect the energy levels a lot - the glands around there have a lot to do with energy production so don't be hard on yourself -

you did write and thats good but life is always ready to throw obstacles in ones path (least I find it so:)I hope next week is better

have you found a way to latch onto ROWers tribber yet - I have the same problem as you - I have poked but all that has happened is that I am a signed up tribber person lost without a tribe and cant figure out how to connect with fellow ROWers - if youve found a way would appreciate some advice

Related Posts with Thumbnails