Thursday, July 21, 2011

Let's Get Physical

In 2007, I lost 60 lbs.  And then I hurt myself, had to go to physical therapy, an osteopath, all sorts of exciting things, all of them painful and keeping me away from exercise (partially out of fear of another injury if we're going for full disclosure here).  And I'm still dealing with the aftermath of all of that.  And I gained all 60 lbs. back.  For the past several months, I've been feeling miserable.  I've been feeling hopeless with a huge side helping of it's too late for me.

Where I am, and where I really want to get away from.
On Tuesday, I decided to look around a bit, see if I could find some way to gather my resources and give it one more try.  I started slowly, planning for this week to be about getting my kitchen in order, maybe making some menus, finding my workout clothes, things like that.  Then something reminded me of a website I had seen a while back--SparkPeople.  And I tracked my food on Tuesday.  And then I did it again yesterday and today.  And I set a few goals, and I've been following through fairly easily.

Oh, and today I did a really good workout--the first segment from The Biggest Loser 30 Day Jumpstart.  I am a little bit sad that 15 minutes of exercise is hard work, but since I haven't done much of anything in the past three years it makes sense.  It's really hard to not get sucked into thoughts that I'm going to be heavy and weak and tired forever.  I have never been thin, so I don't know what it's like or what I'm aiming for, so it's easy to think that overweight is all there is.  But I really want to at least be less overweight, to be stronger, to be able to do more things.  So I guess that's what I'm going to focus on over at SparkPeople and here when I write about my BodyPages stuff.

Wish me luck, everyone.  I'm jumping back in the weight loss pool!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails