Sunday, November 21, 2010

NaNoWriMo Day 21


I didn't write yesterday.  I had a relapse of my nasty cold on Friday, and yesterday was generally miserable, too.  Today, finally, I feel mostly better.  I still have a bit of a cough, and my throat is not completely better, but it feels so much better by comparison!  Now if I could just stop needing to sleep so much.

So, NaNoWriMo. My plan for the rest of the month is to write at least 3,000 words each day.  Thursday being Thanksgiving may put a bit of a kink in that plan, but if I do at least the 3K over the next few days, I'll have a cushion going into Thursday and will be fine, especially because Friday I am off work and can write all day.

I'm starting to see a pattern in my writing schedule.  I think I'm not an every day writer.  I seem to do really well with 3-4 writing sessions a week, especially if I can make them 2-3 hours long.  That's actually a really good thing to know.  That's also a writing schedule I believe I can easily fit into my life even when it's not November.  That should let me easily reach my 25,000 words a month goal I'm planning on.  I may even find that 25K is a little low, but I'll wait a few months and see how it goes. Maybe I'll revisit my plan and adjust my monthly goals at the end of March--three months should give me a decent idea of whether or not my plan is a good one for me.

Back to NaNo. Today I've written 2,027 of my 3K.  I'm taking a break now to clean up and go grocery shopping.  It's cold and wet and nasty out, so I'd really rather stay here and write.  It's so hard to drag myself out of the house on days like this!

But drag myself out the door I must, because I am not excessively rich and have no servants to send out shopping for me.  Anyone feel sorry for me?  I didn't think so. :D

Have a great Sunday, everyone! More writing talk tomorrow, I'm sure.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I don't know if I need servants, necessarily, but a brownie or a hob would be nice. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails