Friday, November 19, 2010

NaNoWriMo Day 19

Broke 25,000 words tonight!  Hurray!  I am happy dancing over here.  Okay, my feet are.  The rest of me is lounging on the bed nursing a nasty cold and sore throat I've had for three days.

I'm still a little behind in my word count (but catching up a bit more every day), but I'm also still loving working on this story. This story is the first time in a while that I feel as if I'm really learning something about my own writing process.  I think some of the things I've been studying--especially the stuff from Larry Brooks at StoryFix and Tami Moore with her awesome plotting kit--are really helping me learn how to fill in the spaces between the major plot points.  I feel like I've made a big leap forward with this story, and I'm getting really excited to see how the story goes.  And I'm also getting really excited to use the stuff I'm learning to finally finish the two really great stories I started that I didn't quite know how to finish.

Now, though, I'm going to settle into bed for a bit of TV and a long night's sleep so I can hopefully wake up tomorrow feeling better and ready to write.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails