Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Birthday Intentions



Friday marked another year on this Earth for me.  I love my birthday, so I was thrilled to find yet another way to mark it.  Jennifer Blanchard offered two reasons to set new writing goals on your birthday over at Procrastinating Writers, and I'm taking her advice.  I'm a couple of days late--I was visiting my family last week--but I think it's still well within my traditional birthday week. (Yes, birthday week. Really, I love my birthday.)

This year:
  • I will not only write 50K for NaNoWriMo, I will actually finish the story (rough draft finished by December 31, 2010)
  • I will finish the first draft of Ordinary Girl, then revise and submit it
  • I will save the money to attend Willamette Writers' Conference again

Those are the writing goals.  I have a few others, too:
  • Create a regular exercise habit
  • Offer two online workshops
  • Lead a writing retreat
  • Lead a soul tribe retreat

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails