Thursday, September 02, 2010

Writing, Writing!

Yesterday, I made the wish to restart a regular writing practice.  As if in answer to this wish, someone I know (sorry to whomever, and thank you!) posted about 750 Words.  It seemed perfect, especially with yesterday being the first day of the month *and* a Wishcasting day.  I signed up and started typing.  It's sluggish going right now--my freewriting muscles are out of practice. But I think by the end of today's writing I was already feeling myself loosen up and get back into the flow of writing.



Last night, my beloved and I also came up with a plan to give me at least one good, intensive writing session every week. On Mondays, I'm going to take care to make a dinner that's big enough to leave leftovers.  And on Tuesdays after work, I'm going to stop off at a coffee shop or cafe and write for at least 90 minutes before heading home.  With no need to go home and get dinner started (hurray leftovers), I can go even longer than that if I feel like it.

Of course, I intend to do more writing than the 750 word freewrites every day and one big writing session a week, but these two things together can form a nice, real, regular writing practice even when I can't fit in anything else.  I'm loving this plan!  I'll keep you posted...

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Hi :)
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to leave me such a lovely comment on my blog.
I'm sorry it's taken me so long to reply - I really do appreciate it though.

-Rachel
xxx

{Sarah} said...

Sounds like a good plan! I need to get my free-writing muscle back in shape too :)

Thanks for visiting my blog yesterday! I'm so glad you like the poem.

Cynthia said...

I love 750 words. I use it for my morning pages. At first, it was a hindrance because of the pressure to do EVERY day. It took me a bit to just use it the way that i need to. I guess I write on there over eighty percent of the days. and that's good enough.

Thanks for stopping by and affirming my wish.

Related Posts with Thumbnails