Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Adjusting Goals for Today

I realized that, with everything else I have to get done today and the shortened work schedule leaving me with no afternoon writing time, my goal of writing 2500 words today was not even remotely realistic. I am not sure my reduced goal of 2051 is realistic. But I'm going to give it a try. This will have me needing to write just over 600 words tomorrow. More realistically, it will have me going into Friday just over 600 words short. But that's as it must be. I will see if I can get the 2051 today and let the rest of the week worry about itself. I am thinking of setting a goal for myself for Friday to write 5K. I'm not sure if I can do it. I feel really nervous about setting that goal. I want to do it, but I'm afraid I might be setting myself up for failure. Maybe I will try. (The Yoda in my head is giving his speech.)

Oh what the hell. I did 4004 words on Saturday, and I slept really late and had to run out to do errands for a few hours in the afternoon. I *will* do 5,000 words on Friday. And I think I will make my 2051 today, too. Maybe I will just stay up really late...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails