Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Muse work--the bodyguard

First, I have to say that I'm not completely sold on Arnold as my bodyguard. I think I will probably come up with an image of my own.

That said, the work in the chapter is going to be really helpful if I can find the right ways to implement it.

The first thing I'm working on is the anchors. The book says that anchors are "some thought or activity you can access when you feel discouraged...thoughts of people who empower us...music that soothes or inspires... memories of situations that have empowered us...visualiz[ing] turning discouragement or discomfort over to a higher power of loving angel...quotes or affirmations that pull us back toward power...actual people."

I'm working on listing something/someone in each of these categories. I'm also using info from this website, www.leaningtreedesigns.com, to help me design a physical anchor. I'm going to create a bracelet with four each of six different stones: aquamarine, bloodstone, onyx, tourmaline, labradorite, and carnelian. This will build me a powerful talisman to help me get past the fears and blocks that keep getting in my way.

I'm not very excited by the quotes or affirmations presented in the book, so the next project is going to be finding some of those to use. I'm thinking of putting them on business card sized cardstock and getting a business card holder so I can carry them around with me easily. I also need to find a good source for beads in my chosen stones.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails