Thursday, April 20, 2006

Anchors

I'm still working on anchors. I found a temporary (maybe) physical anchor in a bracelet I already own. It's multicolored beads, some glass some stone. It has a main charm with a tree on it and it says "Live" with a heart over the "i." It has a metal piece amongst the beads that says "dream" and another that says "hope." I always feel rather pretty and therefore strong when I wear this bracelet. Right now, it's perfect for the work I'm doing.

I'm searching http://www.wisdomquotes.com for some quotes to use as anchors. I'm finding so many! I have to pick a few to put here, but I'm going to keep all of the ones that really spoke to me today and make cards from them that I can sift through when I need a boost. Here are a few favorite quotes:

Buckminster Fuller: Dare to be naive.

Marian Wright Edelman: Whoever said anybody has a right to give up?

Soren Kierkegaard: To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose oneself.

Ella Williams: Bite off more than you can chew, then chew it.

Marian Wright Edelman: You're not obligated to win. You're obligated to keep trying to do the best you can every day.

Henry David Thoreau: If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.

Next to work on--affirmations. But I need to save that for later today or even tomorrow. I think I'll put those in a separate post.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails