Wednesday, March 22, 2006

More Muses

I haven't been doing much with this the past few days. I *have* been thinking about it a lot, but I've been busy doing other things. How does that happen? How can it be so easy to let time for things I really want and need to do just slip away from me? This is a question I come back to a lot, and I still don't have an answer. I just have to keep picking up where I left off and moving forward.

Today, this quote from Muses is reaching out to me: "Follow your heart by complying with the signposts of your intuition. Intuition will amplify your courage, as Joseph Campbell says, 'to leave behind the life you planned, in order to find the life that is awaiting you.'"

The book talks about a Spirit guiding you into the garden of the Muses. "Feel the charge of Spirit's optimism, compassion, and faith in you." I think my creative goals and my spiritual practices are strongly related. The past couple of years, I haven't done much in the way of spiritual practice. I think this may be why my creativity seems stifled and my writing is blocked. I think I have to work on both areas. But I have so much other work that needs doing, too. It's so hard to figure out how to balance it all!

"The world of reality has limits; the world of the imagination is boundless." (Jean-Jaques Rousseau) I believe this is true. I believe that I have to use my imagination more, really picture what I want to achieve, if I am going to make it so. How is it that I don't even take the time for imagining any more?

Here's a heartening thought as I'm dealing with all the resistance in my life: "If we want to grow past our insecurities and into our magnificence, the creative experience is just what our soul ordered. Overcoming each obstacle of creativity gifts us with a little more depth of living." So I will keep plodding forward, making some headway when I can.

Okay, I'm back to the "Name Your Dream" section. I've been having a lot of trouble with this lately. (Lately? Oh, for the past three or more years--yeah, lately.) I think I might be afraid to really define my dream. I'm afraid I won't be able to achieve it, and really looking at it in detail would make the longing for it stronger and the not having it more unbearable. Oh. Yeah, that seems about right.

I'm going to go do some work on naming my dream. I'll post about that later.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails