No, that's not true. I just don't have the things to report that I wanted to have today. All right, then, I'll just report what I've done and put aside what I hoped I would do.
The most important thing is that I've realized I need a bit of a change. A relatively minor adjustment, but I think it's going to make quite a difference in what I get done this round. But I'll talk about that in a moment.
What I've done:
- Had a pretty major breakthrough on why my main character is so intent on searching for the faeries. This why is going to be important to a later part in the story, too, and it's helping a lot of the motivations for actions make sense. I really needed this clarity!
- Got my novel and synopses moved over to Scrivener and finished the tutorial so I can actually make good use of the program.
- Worked on a knitting project while watching TV with the boyfriend and cats and letting myself just relax without trying to do all sorts of things like checking e-mail, writing blog posts or being "productive" while watching.
- Cleaned/organized one section of my closet.
- Exercise. Not even once.
- Finished my house areas list for cleaning.
- Written anything new on my story.
Back to that change I mentioned. I realized that I haven't broken my goals down into small enough chunks. I overwhelmed myself, even though I thought I had done a good job of being specific and small. The good news here is that this is easy to fix. This is actually more of a honing of the goals I've set rather than a real change, because I still think the goals are reachable.
My new, smaller goals:
- Engage with/work on my novel at least 15 minutes each week day. Weekends are optional and will depend on what I feel like doing--I need to make a point to have leisure time for recharging.
- Exercise just 10 minutes at least four times each week--I need to make an actual plan of what exercise I'm going to do so I don't have to try to decide what to do when it's time to exercise.
- Clean in one mini area for 10 minutes at least twice a week--I believe the short time limit along with the mini areas will help make the cleaning/organizing less stressful and overwhelming
I also have a couple of one time goals for this week. I am going to write about why I'm including exercise and cleaning/organizing in my writing goals. I'm also going to post the exercise plan I'm going to use to ease me back into regular workouts. I'll probably throw that all into one post tomorrow, though. For now, I think I'm on a better path, and I'm feeling happy with what I've come up. That seems like a good place to wrap up for the night.