Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Reverb 10 December 21--Future Self

Imagine yourself five years from now. What advice would you give your current self for the year ahead? (Bonus: Write a note to yourself 10 years ago. What would you tell your younger self?) (Author: Jenny Blake)

In both cases, I would tell myself the same thing--don't give up!  Keep moving forward. The only way to fail is if you just stop.

I'd love to be able to tell my ten-years-younger self not to stop so frequently or for so long, not to give in to those long bouts of hopelessness and despair and lethargy.  I wish she knew how much she was actually accomplishing when she thought nothing good was happening in her life.  I wish she knew that if she didn't stop each activity after barely dipping her toes in, she could be amazing and powerful and accomplish incredible things.  I hope I'm listening to myself right now.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails