Sunday, December 19, 2010

Reverb 10 December 19--Healing

Healing. What healed you this year? Was it sudden, or a drip-by-drip evolution? How would you like to be healed in 2011? (Author: Leonie Allan)

All I can think of is "Sexual Healing."  And I don't even like that song.  And it has nothing to do with anything that happened to me this year.  I fear my answer to this prompt is either nonexistent or nonsensical.  Or maybe both.

What healed me?  I don't know.  I don't feel healed. As a matter of fact, over the past couple of months I've really been overwhelmed by the comprehension of how much of me needs to be healed.  My physical self desperately needs to be healed--of the pain in my foot and ankles and various random places, the headaches, the lethargy, the stomach problems.  My heart and soul need to be healed, they need to be nurtured (and so does my physical self, and these are directly related, oh yes they are), they need a welcoming place to live and thrive, they need support and love to be brave enough to fly.  I need a lot of healing.  I am hoping that, with the work I'm planning through BodyPages, through Inner Excavation (which work I hope will be deepened and expanded on by working with the tips and techniques in Expressive Photography), through the plans I'm making for my Wild Minds Writing Retreat... I hope that through my personal work and the work I share with others I will find the healing I need even if I'm not completely, solidly sure of exactly what it is.  Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails