Saturday, November 27, 2010

Words, Sensible and Otherwise

Tonight, I'm at the Soiree of Furious Typing, an awesomely fun six hour write-in put together by one of our Portland NaNoWriMo people.

Now for confession time--I stopped writing about 45 minutes ago.  I hit my 2,000 word goal for the day, and I stopped.  Mostly because I'm so tired that it was getting to a point where I knew I wasn't going to be able to write anything sensible or coherent.  And while the point of NaNo is mostly to get things down and worry about coherence and whatnot after the first draft is done, I just can't stand to type complete drivel.  If it's something to do with the story, and I'm just not quite getting the descriptions right or full enough or something like that on the first try, I'm okay with that.  But I'm so tired, I found myself repeating things, so I knew it was time to stop.

But, it's all fine.  Yesterday, I wrote just over 7,600 words.  Today I wrote 2,082 words for a total of 45,794 which puts me a few hundred words over today's goal of 45,009.  I may even finish this out tomorrow, although Monday is more likely.

Now, it sounds like it's time for cleaning up as the Soiree ends in half an hour.  It's been fun, but I am so looking forward to my bed!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails