Monday, August 02, 2010

Goals and Jellyfish

I am feeling like a jellyfish today.  Amorphous and pulled by the currents, not moving toward anything in particular of my own accord.


I've really gotten nothing done today, and it's aggravating.  I know the reasons.  I don't have anything pressing just now, and no outside deadlines which makes it even harder for me to buckle down.  I'm a bit tired, so focus is lacking in general at the moment.  I have short-timers disease because I have a four day weekend coming up.  None of this makes my inability to pick something and get to work any easier to swallow.

So, what do you do when you can't quite settle in and get anything done?  I'd love some ideas here!

2 comments:

Natasha said...

Eat ice cream - wait that's my yummy thing. What's your favorite way to treat yourself to something special? Is it to eat something yummy, walk down the street looking for art or something else?

Whenever I treat myself to something I feel more inclined to then do something - even if it's something small - "productive" So I say - treat yourself! You earned, you wrote this post right? You already did something productive ;)

Kim Switzer said...

I love the way you think, Natasha! I completed my first NaNoWriMo by rewarding myself with M&Ms after every 15 minute writing sprint, so this idea might just work for me. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails