Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Catching up again

Finally, I am getting back some energy. Now I’m trying to catch up with my whole life after nearly three weeks of being sick. I still have a bit of a cough, mostly after walking or after going inside from out or vice versa. I am nearly back to normal.

Right now, I am working on a few new projects. That’s been keeping me away from my blog, too, but I plan to fix that. We will *not* be seeing weeks go by with no posts! One of my new projects will be going live next week. The Mythic Writers website will be up and running very soon! Of course, there won’t be a lot there at first. I’m just really excited to see this first step. This is a real dream of mine—gathering a group of writers who all like mythic fiction and want to write it, gathering information on myths and writing and all the things that go into mythic fiction. I am really excited about this. We’re also going to be starting a mythic fiction reading group, but that one isn’t going to start up next week. I’ll just put a blurb on the website about it so we can start finding people interested in participating.

The other thing I’m doing is becoming a blog correspondent on a creativity blog. I don’t really want to write too much about it or give details publicly until it’s actually up and running. This is an incredible opportunity for me, though, and I’m nearly giddy with excitement! I can’t wait until things are a little more concrete so I can write about it here!

I am reading Julia Cameron’s The Right to Write. Actually, I was reading it for a while, then I set it aside last week for a fiction binge, and now I am back to it. I will have more to write about that and from that soon, I think.

Oh! I can’t believe I didn’t write anything about this. February 29-March 2 I attended the Potlatch convention. It was a little odd and clique-ish, and I was still pretty sick so didn’t have any energy to put into it to try to meet people and become part of the groups. I came away with some great books from the weekend, though, and spending time in Seattle was fabulous. I felt like I had a mini retreat, and the hotel was great for writing in. I plan to go back there. Matthew and I are going to go for my birthday, but I may go for an overnight trip on my own just to put myself in a different space and write with no other obligations.

Note to self—I need to write about all the obligations that I am letting keep me from writing and living the life I want. But not tonight. Tonight is just for a brief check-in and catch up session. But I think, if I’m going to change my life and build what I want, I’m going to have to get deeper here and in my person journaling. I need to get to the bottom of what is holding me back so I can dig it out and throw it on the compost heap.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails