Saturday, November 17, 2007

Post NaNo Plans

I will not actually finish the storyline by the end of November. This is a much longer, more complicated story than can be covered in 50,000 words. But I'm okay with that. I suspect that it will go well past the 100K mark in the first draft, but I know a lot of it can be tightened up in the rewrite process, so I'm also okay with it being that long. But I need a plan because this story must get finished. And then, while it's resting and waiting for a rewrite, last year's story needs to get finished.

So, I think the schedule will look something like this:

December-February: Finish Blood of the Mist (this year's story)
March-May: Finish Ordinary Girl (last year's story)

I am not entirely certain this is a reasonable schedule. I don't know if it is too much time, too little time, whatever. Having never been the sort who has managed to finish more than a short story, I just don't know how long it will take or how many words I will need to finish a novel. At first I was going to give myself only two months to finish each novel, but I am not sure that is long enough. I think three months is not that long a time in the overall scheme of things, so I think it's probably a good choice. I hope. There's some possibility that I should be thinking about this when I'm not exhausted, but these thoughts just occurred to me, so I needed to get them down.

Really going to bed now...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails