Thursday, March 16, 2006

Dreams, wishes, plans, and reality

On BP, we're starting a discussion of the book The Nine Modern Day Muses (and a Bodyguard) by Jill Badonsky. It's a great book, and I've had it for about a year and a half. I read it. I haven't done any of the exercises, though. I'm hoping that by reading it with a group (I even instigated the group reading), I will stay with it.

I am also making a commitment to my writing career. How many years have to go by with me just wishing for being a writer but never taking the first steps, never getting out of my comfort zone and getting to it? Tonight when M gets home, I'm going to get him to help me rearrange some things in the living room and make some space for a shelf of my writing books and things. Then I'm going to start working on a schedule for completing my copywriting course as well as reading the two freelance books I just got. As I'm reading those, I am going to make a schedule of when I will have my first submission, etc. It's really time to build my real life and not just think about "some day."

What's my dream? To make a living as a freelance writer. A real living, not just "writing is something I do in addition to my day job." I want writing to be my "real" job. That's the goal. Now to put plans in motion and make it so.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails